Menu bar

Sunday, July 22, 2012

OMG, where have I been?

Last year was a busy year. This year is even more busy. Thank you so very much to all my clients, especially repeated clients who keep coming back. You have truly kept my dream alive and added much colours to my life. Your support has been invaluable to my development and journey! It is time to catch up on homework and write about what has been happening! Watch this space! (And you say, "What? David is asking for even more time?!" >:( )

The first thing I want show you is this: Studio portrait photography. Yes, I have started doing studio portraits. As always, can't put client's pix here without permission so this is a pic of me and my partner. Taken by my colleague on the day (thank you Bronson!), using my gear and backdrop we bought just a day before. We were so lucky to be able to get a proper muslin backdrop. I love it! :)

For those keen photographers out there. The images below might interest you more. This was "studio". It is actually not my studio but at a client's foyer. So, it is technically a on-location studio portrait shoot?

The first picture is a much better exposed and framed. However, I do prefer the second photo. It communicates just the crazy environment I was working with - parting the crowd, giving direction to the subject/s, etc - a busy, high energy environment. Absolutely loved it! :D

Heehee, I don't have enough lights so had my trusty flash to add some back-light. You can see the tripod legs in the first picture if you look carefully... :P

No comments: