Menu bar

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gecko in my house!

Found a giant dinosaur in my house the other day! Actually it is just a little household gecko about 16cm long (which might sound a little big for some but it is actually quite small given the length of the tail).

Gecko while very common in Asian countries is not one of my wife's favorite. Thinking that geckos live on insects and it was a rainy evening, I found a pretty long worm (over 20cm long) and put it into the container where I captured the gecko. I thought the gecko would be really happy with such a big meal, only to find out they don't feed on each other. Well, at least they were keeping each other company...

However, that combination almost got me evicted from my house! My own house!! :P

Anyway, I put them in the backyard and happy to say that no animal (or reptile or worm) was hurt in the process of taking these pictures. :)




I hope my flash didn't hurt its eyes. It was actually getting more and more comfortable (so it seems) to the camera after a few shots. Here it is saying hello and waving at the camera! :D

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Cute gecko! Nice website, look forward to seeing your LMFF pix!