Menu bar

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Family/Children Portrait Photography

Bought a new mattress recently and was offered a big discount voucher for family portrait deal. Shame and salesman won't give me the discount instead of the voucher. I did find out details about the deal and thought to myself, "Boy, this is really expansive!" No, I mean really worth it! :D

Did my first family portrait on location - at the family home. I didn't get the chance to be there first to examine the environment, lighting, etc so I just brought along everything I have... Sorry, couldn't show you pics of it for privacy reasons but I do want to say a few words. I should have take a pic of the set without anyone inside... Keep that thought for next time!

It was fun! My 6 foot tall collapsible backdrop worked well as the wall to block out clutter in the background bringing the focus squarely onto the subject - the family and baby girl Olivia. It is not big enough for the whole family but for the baby girl alone, it is more than sufficient. The family had specifically requested for a black background in keeping with previous studio shots taken before. So I just let Olivia lie on it, curl up the end to make a really really simple black (or white) background. That worked well and Olivia was so nice she didn't put a mark on it at all. :)

Children are impatient, they need direction. And it takes patience and perseverance to work with them. But they are really lovely subject too. They brings tremendous joy. Thank you Andrew for engaging me for this job! All the best to your lovely family.

No comments: