Menu bar

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Carols by Candlelight 2012

One of my very favorite event of the year. Love the singing, the costumes, the crowd, the message, the kids, the community, the food, the "candles", Santa and the fireworks! Climate is playing funny buggers in recent years. One day, we are warned that Australia is headed to unprecedented heat waves and high temperatures, the next day it is freezing cold and showers.

If you know me, you would know this silly guy would say, "I don't dissolve in water." You know what, I almost did. It was such a very very wet evening! BUT, the crowd still came, complete with their umbrellas, rugs, director's chairs and beach chairs, hats, picnic basket and all. Kid you not, when I pull out the bounce card from my flash, I saw a stream of water flowing out of it... Thank God that the event manager is so kind to me he gave me a raincoat to put on when he saw this completely drenched fella.


Look from the positive light, there were many colours because of the umbrellas! :)


This is an example of the "candles" I am talking about. Wonder if they could use saber swords all around next year?


I am lucky to get a shot of the fireworks without big water drops on my lens or lens completely fogging up. Zoom-in helps, save me from pointing to far up and turn the front element and hood into a cup for water. :P

No comments: